Monday, June 2, 2008

Is anyone out there?!

I wouldn't blame you for never reading this blog again - since I haven't updated it since we left for our honeymoon. I will soon put pictures up from our adventure in Honduras.
Quick update...

Since returning I have been a substitute teacher, and received my K-12 PE temporary teaching certificate. I have been applying to job after job with banks, non-profits, schools, front offices, etc. I have had a few things happening - so we will see what we think is best. Omar has been busy getting the office up here in Jacksonville set-up and hiring new people. But luckly for us, we have still been able to spend a lot of time together.

Still we go to Orlando EVERY week - it is always something or other...we spent Memorial Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday in Atlanta, GA. with my aunt Diana and uncle Marshall (and their 3 cute little foster kids) and then spent Monday and Tuesday in Orlando. Both trips were for Omar's work.

Omar and I have been taking a class together - Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University - it is a 13 week class devoted to being debt free and building your wealth. It has been really good so far and is extremely entertaining. We totally recommend it. Our church actually introduced us to taking it - my mom then told us we should do it so we can start these practices while our marriage is still so young.
www.Daveramsey.com

We both have church callings - Omar's is 2nd counselor in Young Mens and mine is Secretary of Young Womens and Ward Camp Director and Camp Mom. So that means I leave for camp in 2 weeks for a week. (Omar and I have never been apart more than a few hours since we have been married - that will be interesting). We are just praying that they don't change his calling to Branch President. A lot of people have talked to him about that since they are looking for a new one. Yikes! No thanks!

10 comments:

down in the valley said...

Just a word of caution--never say out loud that you don't want a calling! :>) Congratulations on the marriage!! In case you don't remember me, I'm Nathan's Mom. Nathan and Rachel Johnson got married last June and live here in Orderville. Life is good.

Jeanette Esplin

Stine said...

I'm here! Thanks for sharing what's going on with you guys! It is so fun to feel connected. Love your wedding pics too!

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

Jeanette - totally didn't even need a reminder of who you were - I remember very well - I loved getting to know your family. That is awesome about Nathan and Rachel. Tell everyone I say hello. Is everyone still with ZP?

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Camp director!!! This is the first summer in 3 years that I am NOT going to girls' camp, and I'm glad, seeing as I'll be big and pregnant-yuck. Have fun!

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Girls' Camp!! this is the first summer in 3 years that I will NOT be going to girls' camp. I'm kinda glad since I'll have a big belly-yuck. Have fun!!

Caleb, Shannyn, and Clark Weiler said...

First off, we are big Dave Ramsey fans. We listen to his podcast almost everyday!!!! Second off, you would be the best camp mom and director in the world. I would have loved you as my YW leader. So jealous
Shan

Caleb, Shannyn, and Clark Weiler said...

We are huge Dave Ramsey fans. We listen to his podcast almost everyday while we run. Also, you would be the best camp director ever. I would have loved you to be my YW leader back in the day

down in the valley said...

Nope. Not a one of us works at ZP, thanks to Michael.... Tim is an electrician, Nathan is a county emergency dispatcher, Rachel is a 'stay at home mom' to their dog, but she's looking for a good job and I will be our new high school secretary next year, so I've been training for that. And life is great! Thanks for remembering me. :>)

Brian said...

Hey guys, glad to see you're back. Those of us who are married understand the social black hole that are the first months. No worries.

I haven't listened to Ramsey, but I did learn a lot from the Motley Fool (www.fool.com). The website is a financial education / investment resource. They have a page called "Investment for Beginners" (formerly known as the "13 Steps to Foolish Investing" -- and here "Foolish" means "wise"). I highly recommend it:

http://www.fool.com/school/basics/basics01.htm

Anyway, I'll start checking back in more regularly. Say howdy to Omar.

Unknown said...

wow, Dianna and Marshall have kids now?! I want to hear about them :) Hopefully you will get to leave FL to camp so it won't be insanely hot. It is only June here and I am dying, in July and August the average temp is 30-40 celsius, that is over 100! yikes