Monday, April 19, 2010

Goodbye Big Brothers, Hello Blue Cross


So I just finished my first day with the new company that I will be working for...Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida. I will be their sales representative at the their new Blue center in Jacksonville. I am excited for this change and a new start.
It was really hard for me to completely make this choice as I felt as though I would be abandoning all the hard work that I put into builidng up Clay County and the matches that I have served for the last 2 years at Big Brothers Big Sisters. But this is a wonderful opporunity that I have and I could not pass it up.

I won't be leaving the non-profit sector exactly since Blue Cross Blue Shield is a non-profit. However, I am going back to my roots with working in a retail environment, but will be able to use the insurance license that I have.

One of the hardest things will be just remembering to not answer the phone by saying, "Kate Spilsbury, Big Brothers Big Sisters, how may I help you?" So if you are ever at the St. Johns Town Center, be sure to stop by and say hello. Wish me luck on me new venture...

I was able to attend my last advisory board meeting during my last week at Big Brothers. I loved working with these incredible people! (Janice, Steve, Mindy, Rick, Lee, and Rachel)
There was a little goodbye party for me and 2 other girls (Ansley & Amy) that will be leaving this summer.

No comments: