Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

My parents came for Labor Day. I had off on Friday and also on Monday. Here is a run down of our weekend together.

Friday:
- We went to this Korean BBQ restaurant that Omar has been wanting to go to. My dad used to live in Korea when he was in the Air Force. He told us it was not very authentic but it was still yummy. I love the cafeteria trays....lol.



-Went to the MOSH (Museum of Science and History) - it was Omar and my first time going as well as my parents, and probably our last time. We thankfully went on $5 Fridays. We mainly went because my mom is bringing a large group of history teachers and wanted to know if it was something she should do with them or recommend for them since their hotel is nearby. We really did everything in 1 hour. We didn't go to the Science show, which I kind of wanted to see. But that one hour felt like 5. It was really kind of boring, sadly enough. Not enough science to appeal to science teacher, and not enough for history teachers. I think maybe I was spoiled by having the Orlando Science Center.


-My parents went and looked at the Downtown library, while Omar and I picked up our free Suns tickets.
-We then went to this neat bookstore where I sold a bunch of my sisters books for credit and picked out some new books.
-We went and ate at European Street Cafe in Riverside after looking at houses in Riverside and Springfield. I think that will be our last time eating there. I just am not very impressed with their food.
-We then went to the Suns game, where we also got tickets for Casey, Victor and Manuel. We all left after the Suns finally scored the only runs in the game during the 7th inning. We didn't make it to the fireworks that would have gone off at the end of the game. It was super hot, there was absolutely NO breeze at all.




-We then went to Happy Cup because I had bought some groupons. None of us, my dad was maybe an exception due to the amount that he got, really liked it, it was very different. However, the guy that worked there was super nice. I think I will stick to my Mochi for my frozen yogurt.

Saturday:
I worked so Omar spent the day with my parents when his job finished around 10 AM. They went to the Riverside Art Walk, looked at more homes in Riverside, and ate at Times Grill. They then looked at different housing developments and went home and watched some of the FSU game.

After they picked me up from work we went and ate at Cantina Loredo, which is a fine Mexican dining restaurant in the St. Johns Towncenter. It was an hour wait so that left us to look at different stores until then. We finally sat and service took FOREVER for our food. Then when we finally got our food, it was very luke warm to not being able to eat it. We don't typically complain but it took over an hour to get food that was not even warm when people that parties our same size got their food prior to us. They ended up comping our meal.


We went home and watched a movie.

Sunday:

Church, nap, movies, and a yummy dinner.

Monday:

Waffle House, and then we split up. Omar and Dad went to the Outlets to buy some tennis shoes. I printed off some coupons for them and they were so proud of themselves for saving $70 on the shoes they bought. I'm teaching my hubby well. My mom and I went to Home Depot to pick out paint samples for the guest bedroom dresser and walls. We also went and looked at the bookshelves that I am still waiting on back order form Hobby Lobby. Here's praying that week 3 will be the lucky week that they will come in.

Next time my folks come up we will do the beach.

No comments: