Saturday, August 31, 2013

90 minutes in heaven by Don Piper

I really enjoyed this book. It really made me think about how our time on earth is short and we do not know how much time we really have. God has a purpose for each one of us and we do not know how our pain, our trials can help someone else. Perhaps our struggles are to bless others by allowing them to serve us. I really enjoyed the perspective of the person who was healthy and young and went blind. He was stuck on all the things he could not do and when he finally listed all the things he could still do is when he changed. He decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life doing all the things he could still do. The more he realized he could do, the less limitations he saw. "I'm not going to worry about what I can't do. I'm going to worry about what I can do well." Sometimes we have to realize what we have now. We need to celebrate and see that we are not helpless besides our mortality. We have more going for us. When we focus on our losses we forget what we have left. We need to think of what opportunities our trials brought us that we might not have otherwise experienced.

No comments: