Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year. Omar, Lindsey, Goldie (our dog) and I drove down on Wednesday evening. It took a little while longer to get there because we had to make 2 pit stops with the dog. Thanksgiving Day was not anything out of the ordinary this year. It seemed like a smaller crowd than normal. My brother Michael, my Aunt Nancy, Jamie, Aaron and his 3 kids came over. Nancy also brought a recent convert/single woman named Linda to the meal too.

We had most of the normal Thanksgiving food. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, jam, bread, 2 kinds of green bean casserole, creamed squash, creamed onions, an asian shrimp salad, and sweet potatoes with pineapple. The exception is Nancy decided to not go so traditional this year and did a different type of sweet potatoes and bread instead of rolls and Aaron brought the salad. Omar decided that next year we are going to host Thanksgiving and that Nancy is coming but she must do make pecan pie, coconut pie, sweet potatoes, and bread. Poor Nancy.
 
 There were lots of football games on and my mom rented "The Expendables 3" not realizing what the movie was about. In general this season has been disappointing for movies in the Theater so we did not keep our annual tradition of going to the theater. This year Black Friday became Black Thursday. I think my dad was sad that we didn't participate this year like in year's past. We ended up going last minute after pushing and prodding him to go to Best Buy around 4pm on Friday. He was all bummed because he couldn't get my mom to commit to purchasing a larger TV and so decided he didn't want to go anymore.

 Friday morning we went to the Orlando Temple. My dad just got his Temple recommend. My dad has not been to the temple in years! My mom said it has been 10 years, but I am not sure that it has been quite that long. It was wonderful to attend. My dad, mom, Omar, me, my Aunt Nancy, Jim & Diane Rowland and Mo & Tim Merrill. What a great day!
Me, Omar, Dad, Mom, Aunt Nancy

Me, Omar, Dad, Mom, Aunt Nancy, Jim Rowland, Diann Rowland

 Following we went back home and then went and got PG's wings with my folks and Lindsey. 

Saturday morning slept in a little bit and then Nancy, Aaron and all the kids came over again because Aunt Corrine, cousin Christine and her family just flew in the night before. We talked and had lunch and they then left for the beach after 1 pm while we left for home. It was good to see them.

No comments: