Thursday, February 7, 2008

Money Money Money

I have been completely shocked and appalled at how expensive weddings are! It is actually quite ridiculous. I have watched a few episodes of “Platinum Weddings” and have been in awe at how someone could spend $50,000 on a wedding (no offense to those of you who spent that much or close to that much on your wedding). I read in a bridal magazine the other day how someone spent 70 million – I said MILLION, on their wedding! Just think of what good things could have happened with that money. That is 2 times the amount that Mitt Romney used from his personal funds for his campaign. Sickening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

Jim and I go married by a native american medicine man in a bald cypress swamp...for $900 in 5 weeks...you should ask him to tell you about it sometime...and why I haven't seen my wedding dress since that day...

Aloha,
Nicole & Jim

P.S. If you're wondering who we are, Jim is Robert Wallis' 2nd son and Laura's cousin. I think the last time we saw you, we were visiting your mom's house, probably back in 1997.