Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love Neil Diamond!!!???


So we were given 4 tickets to the Neil Diamond concert tonight. Omar gave up his ticket to a friend of ours who loves Neil Diamond and we had invited another couple to come with us. Omar was more than pleased to give his ticket up since he did not know any of Neil's songs. I was not quite sure of any of them myself.
The concert...I am torn what to think. I did not know any of the music except for 3 songs...Coming to America, Sweet Caroline, and one other. He was so OLD - he has been doing this for 40 years, but he was still pretty limber for how old he was. I did find the whole thing to be a little bit of a bore, but at the same time was extremely pleased. I find it very refreshing that there are musicians in the world who do not have to have foul and offensive music or language in their music. I thought it was really neat how he talked about the victims from Hurrican Ike in Texas and proceeds from any of the concert items would go to help build homes for people that lost them.
I must admit that the last song I fell asleep. I guess his low voice was too soothing for me. I woke up for him to say "Goodnight Jacksonville." I was shocked. But then he came back for an encore singing "Coming to America." All in all, no complaints for free tickets and to experience something new. Maybe I do love Neal Diamond.

No comments: