Monday, February 1, 2010

Beginning to Decorate

With a little help from family - we have started to actually put something on our bare walls. Check out what we have completed so far...

this is in the entry way to the house

my sister created the above and gave it to us for Christmas - isn't it awesome!



over the fireplace mantle in the great room



hangers for Omar's keys and my purse inside our utility room (Compliments of my mom because Omar looses his keys on a daily basis)


Omar painted and decorated the guest bathroom. I am not a fan of both pictures being in there - but he claims it is his room and he wants both in there - thoughts???


My visiting teacher gave this book to me and I love it. People actually sign in to use our bathroom - hilarious!


My favorite picture in our bedroom



I think we might actually go and pick out some paint colors soon to cover these blah walls.

4 comments:

Stine said...

It's so much fun to decorate your own house! I almost always use family pictures in all different ways. I'm so glad you posted your fireplace mantel because it helped me finally figure out why yours is the "ok" life. That has always baffled me, but now I get it. sorry, I'm slow. ; )

Kate & Omar Spilsbury said...

Hilarious! You are not the first one to finally figure out what the "OK" meant. We have had the O & K somewhere else in our house for months and one of our friends finally figured out what the O and the K meant too.

Unknown said...

so the lighting in the bathroom is horrible (at least in these pictures) so I can't tell about the paint color... The mirror looks good about the mantel ;)

Unknown said...

above* the mantle