Wednesday, August 17, 2011

July Books

This past month I read 2 more books. I don't know if audio books count as reading, but anyhow.
This was my first time reading a book by Dean Koontz. It wasn't that this was a bad book. I have read worse for sure, I at least got through the whole thing. But the book was very frustrating to me. Dean Koontz is SO descriptive, so much so that it would bore me. The plot was interesting and many aspects were very creative, it just took too long for any action. Lets just say that for 2 hours to pass in the book was over half the book! Really, do we need to be that descriptive? The unfortunate thing with audio book in this case is I couldn't scan to get to the stuff I cared about. I had to listen and listen and listen, because who knew when something important would happen. I don't think I will be picking up another Dean Koontz novel though.

After learning a little more about Bob Barker in Chuck Norris's autobiography I happened to come across Bob Barker's. He is one interesting guy. I of course watched him on the Price is Right, and enjoyed him. I did not realize that he was host of another show called Truth or Consequences. It was interesting hearing about those stories and make me want to go and watch a few shows. Something that really stands out to me about Bob is that he never did try to get laughs or fame by putting others down. Everything he did was about building others up and he would work to make them funny, not to be funny himself. I like that, I wish more comedians were that way. I never realized how involved he has been with animal rights, now the whole "help control the pet population, have your pets spayed and neutered" makes complete sense. Not only has he been involved with animal rights, I would deem to say that he has been central and a key player to all they have accomplished. It was a good book.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

my favorite books are biographies. I will have to try that one.