Monday, July 2, 2012

Flip Burger Boutique and HD1 Restaurant

After 6 Flags we decided to go eat dinner since we really didn't eat any food while we were there. With all that food around the park it seemed to be completely unappealing to us. We wanted to try out Richard Blais's burger joint and heard they have great liquid nitrogen shakes.

Richard's style definetly is family style type seating. This place did not dissappoint. I absolutely fell in love with my burger. I got a beef burger called "Butchers Cut". It had crumbled bleu cheese, caramelized onions, soy truffle vinaigrette, frisee, pickeled shallots, red wine jam. I asked to have mine on a lettuce wrap which I think made it even more perfect. It was incredible!!! It was so incredible I didn't even offer Omar a bite. I told him I didn't think he would like it. OOPS! I am so mean.

 Omar ordered the "Carnitas" - Pork Patty, cilantro-lime mayo, braised pork cheek, shredded cabbage, salsa verde. He loved his too. He ordered the fries that are cooked in  beef tallow. I ordered the sweet potato tots that are spiced with a bbq spice. Omar ordered a strawberry shortcake milkshake and I ordered a turtle and caramel foam milkshake. So delicious.

We both thought we should just round out our Blais experience and head to his other restaurant HD1 which is not a burger joint - it is a hot dog joint! It is near the neighborhood that I would like to spend some time in next time we come to Atlanta - Little 5 Points. It seems like a cool place to visit.

HD1- I ordered "South of Chi-Town" which was chow-chow, fried green tomato, sweet pickle, bbq, farm peppers. Omar ordered the "Eastbound and Down" - Carolina pulled pork, country slaw, mop sauce.


It was good but we both agreed Flip was much better. then we found out that Blais is the owner of the restaurant but it is not "his" restaurant - meaning menu and where he is the chef like Flip and the Spence.
Omar said, "I can tell this is not Richard's restaurant really because there is salt and pepper on the tables." Both Flip and The Spence had NO salt and pepper to be found. 

No comments: