Monday, July 2, 2012

Six Flags over Atlanta

I bought our tickets online. If you buy the 3 day advance ticket they only cost $34.99/adult! I think that is a great deal and is actually the same price as if going to the Aquarium. Online we read that the park opened at 10:30 AM. We got there at about 10:20 and noticed that the rides were already going with people on them. The must be like Sea World Aquatica where when they see people standing outside to come in they just let everyone early.

As we were pulling up we saw that there was $15 parking to the right and we passed it thinking that it would be a longer walk to get to the entrance than what the park itself had to offer. I knew that they had 3 different parking options - $20 regular parking, $25 VIP parking, and $35 Valet parking. As we drove way past the entrance to get to the Six Flags official parking I thought. This is crazy to pay more for parking and have to walk even further. We drove back to the $15 parking and walked like 2 minutes to the entrance. It was awesome.

We braced ourselves for a blazing hot day at Six Flags over Atlanta. It was supposed to be in the 100's again. My only hope was that the heat would keep the crowds away during this "holiday" period. Or at least that most people would prefer Six Flags White Water Park. We were right - the park was SUPER empty.

Foolishly we stopped at the first right when you come into the park, the Georgia Scorcher. We had to buy a locker to put our camera and water bottle in because you can't bring anything onto the rides. It was actually neat becuase you pay $4 for the day and it lets you use the lockers unlimited at all the rides and includes an electronic wrist band.

We didn't move in line for like 15 minutes and finally found out it was because someone had pucked all over and they had to clean. We finally got out of that line and went to the other rides and never waited. We did that ride at the end of the day when we left the park. Let me just say it is a ball crusher - quite literally. Such uncomfortable "standing". I don't know what they were thinking.

We did all the major rides:

Goliath - LOVED! We did it twice
Batman - It was okay
Dare Devil - LOVED
Dahlonega Mine Train - really jerky wooden ride
Mind Bender - okay
Ninja - I think this ride should have been called Ninja's punching bag. I have never hit my head so much in my life. Literally our heads bounced back and forth being pounded by the seating. There was literally no line for this one - I know why now
Superman - I thought I would love this one - but I don't know if it was the speed but it jerked my neck so bad and I wasn't able to move it. Maybe we are just getting old!
Acrophobia - Liked it but it was so short
Monster Mansion - it was sort of like a Haunted Mansion/Briar Rabbit wannabe but the ending seemed out of place - it was cute
Log Jamboree - Nice little break - you don't get too wet
Peachtree Square Sky Buckets - Nice view and a way to save walking so much
Railroad Station - was also a nice little tour of the park and a chance to relax

Omar doesn't really like water rides or wooden rollercoasters becuase of how jerky they are. He endulged in a few of them. We did the show iLuminate which we both really enjoyed. We were in line 45 minutes before the show and we made it in but were still half way to the end of the line! Next time I think we will make our way to the top of the theater to sit. That show was really awesome though! It was the people that dance in light changing outfits.


I didn't seem to notice much entertainment, characters, or shows at the park. I thought I saw my first character walking around when I realized it was a little girl with the LARGEST stuffed animal covering her whole body it was so big.
cute props of Monster Mansion

What was plentiful was food, drink and carnival games. Literally every few feet was one of those things. There was more of that combined than a 1/4 of the rides at the park. I did think it was pretty cool that you could buy a cup for $15 and get free refills all day long. They even had a cup that cost $8 where you could free 7-11 Slurpee refills all day too! How cool is that? The soda one is much more popular and is what Omar got. I think we got our moneys worth - I think he got about 10 refills! I was happy the staff would refill my  little water bottle with no complaint.

No comments: