Friday, September 28, 2007

Mutant Message Down Under


I'm just blown away by this book. It was recommended to me by Nancy Pratt. It is one of her favorites. I can't even begin to explain how it has touched me. I want to copy so many parts of it down and just absorb it. To become one with the incredible lessons taught within. It explains perfectly not only the purpose of the Gospel now and in eternities, but how we can overcome that natural man. Who would have ever thought that really the native aboriginies have it right. Her experiences on her 120 day walk-about is incredible.
While I was on my mission my family went through the garage, to my dismay, I returned to learn that many of my precious items such as my tent, sleeping back, treking poles, and other items were thrown away. This was a great tragedy to me. But really this book, helps me to understand more about how each thing is a lesson in life, and how we can't hold onto anything material. It is insignificant. How bound we are to our imitational surroundings. How we don't see what is real. How we aren't real - we are mutants. I can't even explain the way this book opened my mind and heart to harsh mutant reality that I live in. I recommend it to everyone to read.

No comments: