Monday, May 25, 2009

Home from Bulgaria


Waiting for Kelly to come out!

Kate excited to see Kelly

Kelly arrives!
The Pratt kids came to see Kelly too
The group to see Kelly
Kelly with our new cousin and President Pratt


So Kelly, my sister, returned from serving her mission in the Bulgaria Sophia mission. I had not seen her for 18 months. My mom went and picked her up in Bulgaria and they toured around the country for a little over a week. The flight came in at 5:30 PM on Thursday. I took off Friday to spend with my sister and drove down Thursday afternoon to meet Kelly at the airport. With the help of Erin Pratt and Erica Pennell we had a group of people meet Kelly at the airport to welcome her home. I had tried to organize a group to invite all of Kelly's friends to come (any amazing sister would), but her webpage was in Bulgarian and I couldn't read it - go figure. I then tried to use my account to see how to change it to English and it then my Facebook changed to Bulgarian. Needless to say, my Facebook is still in Bulgarian.

They even made cute signs as you will see below. We had a great time and turnout. We went and ate at Abuelos Mexican restaraunt after meeting Kelly at the airport and my aunt Diana and Uncle Turner met us there as well. Friday morning at about 4 AM, I woke up to go to the bathroom at my mom's house and noticed that Kelly was awake from jet lag. I ended up staying up with her and looked at pictures and then Kelly, my mom and I went to an early temple session. Saturday we went and saw my dad. I was just plain exhausted the lack of sleep from the day before killed me. Omar had come in town on Friday to work in Orlando for the weekend. I went back on Sunday so I could teach my new Sunday School class. It is hard to believe my sister is now home. Time just flies by these days.

No comments: