Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

I worked Christmas Eve until 3pm and we drove straight there to Kissimmee to spend it with my family. On the way there, it was cool because we saw Santa driving a brand new yellow Porsche that even had the just bought tag on still. He must have been delivering someone's Christmas present!
Our Christmas this year was a smaller event then normal it seemed. Christmas Eve is the big day and then Sunday is usually just presents, making mom birthday breakfast (since she is a Christmas baby), going to a movie, and relaxing. However, Christmas Eve, we didn't seem to have the crowd we normally have. I guess that is what happens when people start doing their own family thing. Micah, and Aaron (and his wife and kids) didn't come this year. So it seemed so small just having Nancy, Jamie, and Stephen.

I was glad that my old MTC mission companion, Jessianne Hibbard was in town, and that she made time to stop by with her mom. They had just flown in from Utah that afternoon for Disney and Universal.
JessieAnne and I
We had the usual staples, but it wasn't as much as we usually have. It was still delicious though. We had ham, scalloped potatoes, Nancy's homemade rolls, green bean casserole, and tossed salad. This year instead of pies, we had chocolate fondue, which was a nice little change.
Our little Christmas group Christmas Eve - Michael took the picture
Christmas breakfast Kelly and I made homemade cinnamon rolls, grits, eggs, and Omar made the bacon. Later that day we saw the movie "True Grit", I never saw the original before, it wasn't exactly what I thought it would be about but was still pretty good.

After the movie, Omar and I went to visit Omar's aunt and uncle. However, they had just gotten back from Miami and his uncle was the only one around. Normally they always are cooking up a storm and there are lots of people there. So we decided we were hungryand tired of leftovers and we went to find a place to eat.

Pita Stop was where we went. Big mistake, now this is a whole in the wall place off 1-92 that every time you turn around it is a new little restaraunt. It was more middle eastern food. They had gyros and things like that...but the food looked fresh. Omar ordered some chicken wings which they had a bunch of different options and I got a gyro salad. Let's just say we did not feel good that night. We also did not sleep well that night.

All night long all we heard was people running to the bathroom to throw up. Which was weird since only Omar and I ate at Pita Stop. In the morning, Omar was in the bathroom and I was on the couch when my sister came out and ran to the kitchen sink to throw up more! Horrible! We seriously packed our bags right then and went home. The whole way home, I felt so sick and Omar pulled over a few times while I tried to throw up. When we got home, Omar felt so bad that he was shivering and could not get warm. It was so weird, our bodies ached and our stomachs felt terrible. Turns out that our whole family, but Lindsey was sick. We finally figured out it must have been the cookies that our neighbor brought over on Christmas day. She had been sick and Lindsey was the only one who did not eat one. I only ate one of them and Omar 2. Let's hope we don't have to relive that kind of Christmas again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I was the one throwing up all night! Every fifteen minutes starting at two, to be exact. Yuck, not fun! I am sad that place is not good, I was hoping they would have Bulgarian diners.