Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Against All Odds" Chuck Norris

A work colleague told me about this book he got from the library and let me borrow it on cd. I really enjoyed listening to his son's narration of the book, and think that maybe audio books might be the best way for me to "read" for the next while as I drive to and from work.

I was shocked at how much I actually enjoyed this book. Chuck Norris is one incredible guy! I really knew nothing about him. I don't even think I have seen one of his movies and have never seen a Walker Texas Ranger episode. Now, after learning about his past and his beliefs and values, I can honestly say that I want to see some of his stuff. He is someone that did not have an easy life, but truly God had plans for him. This book was entertaining and thought provoking. It helped me to think more about the importance of visualizing success and that we have to work hard for our dreams, they will not just happen. Now, I just need to figure out what exactly my dreams are because I know God has plans for me too.

No comments: