Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yard Wars

Memorial Day was work day for Omar and I. Omar's most recent thing has been our yard. I feel like we are almost in yard wars with our next door neighbor. Our neighbor, Mario, is a super nice guy and he and Omar talk a lot. His yard is gorgeous. It is always perfectly trimmed and it is the most perfect shade of green, and the landscaping looks perfect. Did I mention it is perfect?


Omar didn't want to do mulch, so he did lava rock. Now with lava rock he needs something to keep the rock from getting in the grass. So we just got curbing. Now we need new bushes since our bushes did not come back. Now we need something for our mailbox so it is prettier. On and on...It amazes me how much work and MONEY a yard is. I almost dred this project being completed because Omar already has a list for the next thing for our house.

My parents came for Memorial Day and my mom helped me pick some plants to finish off our front yard for the time being. Here is our finished product. Pretty huh?










No comments: