Sunday, December 18, 2011

2nd Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange

Meghan, Judy, Ashley, Allison, Kate, Lise
December 10 was my 2nd time hosting a Christmas Cookie Exchange. I thought this year would be an even bigger turnout than last year, since I invited over 20 people, but only 5 were able to make it. I think it must have been a bad day. It was a week later this year than lasts, but now with my job I need to have it after Medicare Annual Enrollment is over. Even though we were small, we had a great time.

Last year I made this ham breakfast casserole, but this year I got inspired by Pinterest and thought I would try some new ideas out. I made Cinnamon French Toast Bake, which I thought was super yummy and so easy to make. I also did make your own parfaits. Of course there was the traditional hot chocolate along with our exchange.



 We spent our time talking and eating and really didn't play any games this year except for the mystery cookie game. This year I made a cookie of Martha Stewart's called the Rosemary Pine Nut Cookie. The winner again this year was Megan Southerland and everyone liked her name the best for the cookie too. I think the name was Winter Pine Forest (or something like that). The only other game we had was the game with whoever says the word "cookie" would lose the bell necklace they were given when they arrived. The winner of the game was my neighbor Judy.

Since we were a smaller group that meant each of us got 1 dozen of each person's cookies, which made it very easy for the exchange part.



I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments: