Sunday, December 18, 2011

Carin Comes To Town

Omar's cousin decided to come to town from Guatemala. It all happened in about a week. In Guatemala clothes are very expensive and so it is actually much cheaper to fly here and shop til' you drop. Which is exactly what took place here for a week period while she was in town. She brought like $6k with her to spend on stuff. She got a lot of stuff too. I must say I was most grateful for her. She helped with cleaning and of course she cooked. Sometimes she would get bored and when I would get home from work another thing in my house would be organized and cleaned. I couldn't get her to stop and relax! I got her to be sort of a party animal too since we had like 4 parties that we went to and 2 of them were ones we hosted. I think she had a good time.

Aren't these the cutest place settings?

Hand painted Nativity Set from Guatemala
She brought these very nice items with her for me from Guatemala. We did some fun things with her too - but not everything that I would have liked to. We are seriously thinking about going to visit her and her family in Guatemala this coming year.

No comments: