Friday, August 31, 2007

Ender's Game

I've been told this is my sister's favorite book - I got it and read it before she even knew, so I have talked to her about it yet.
This book for some reason seemed to effect me. I can't tell why. I feel like I was part of Ender, part of his mind, his feelings. I wanted to cry - because everything seemed so unfair. Is that how it is with people today - that have what seems all the talent, all the abilities - but yet they are cheated out of what is the most important thing perhaps - real life. What others experience? What really is real life? Is anyone's situation really better than another - what do people really think - do they mean what they do or is it all just miscommunication? I think that it all goes with the relationship with the Buggers and Ender. We are all trying to figure out ourselves really during our whole life - what makes us happy? what do we love? whom do we love? what is important? for what reason do we really do what we do? what is our mission? Somehow the Buggers were at peace. Maybe if we knew who we were and our true mission and purpose, we could all live happily like the buggers did because they could communicate perfectly. Or maybe it would all be just boring. But with humans we feel there is some competition because of the fact that we don't understand one another. Or maybe that miscommunication really is somehow perfection that allows us to use our agency. Or maybe I make absolutely no sense.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I love this book! It's my favorite one as well. I can understand what you said about feeling for Ender; his story of talent and sorrow touches you in a deep place. I think it shows us some of the most terrible tragedies that occur simply because we cannot understand one another (Humans v. Buggers). It's also a great book to look into the human mind. I love it!

;-)