Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Out of Egypt


I’ve been reading the Book “Out of Egypt” by Anne Rice. It is about Christ and when he and his family left Egypt when he was about 7 years old. It has been really interesting. It talks a lot about maybe his experiences in coming to figure out who He is and what that must have been like for him and his family. It gives the genealogy of his family, how learning was back then, the culture, the wars, society in general. It is all very interesting. I have found that I have never really thought about that before. What it must have been like for him. How he really did figure it out. How much help was he given? Was he really treated differently? It is all very interesting. By learning more about the circumstances and culture that surrounds the life of Christ I can understand a little bit more about Judaism and also about the stories in the Bible and how the play into Christ’s latter life.
I think the same is for me. I’m also still trying to figure out who I am. What does the Lord want with me? What truly is my divine nature and my worth? I feel that it is a blessing right now that the Lord is actually giving me time in my life between the mission and working to think and ponder these things – a little break from just working and working and working. Maybe I can figure out a little bit of my mission here.

No comments: