Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dreaded Catch-up

So my suegra (mother-in-law) called tonight to ask why I have yet to update our blog. The past few weeks have been very busy with moving in, early early work meetings, prepping for our little housewarming party and COUPONING! Okay so maybe couponing is the real reason. I went to this class with this lady who does the website www.southernsavers.com and it was amazing. I would use coupons before, but I guess I really never understood the ART to couponing. So now I am starting. She teaches you everything on her website (which is free by the way - for people out west, I am sure there is a similar site out there for you). I finally made my first purchase couponing. Let me share with you what sort of savings I was able to do...(please keep in mind that I am just starting my coupon collection so I could have saved more if I had been doing it a while longer).

I bought....
8 Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Frozen meals
2 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats Pecan Cereal
4 large boxes of General Mills cereals
6 Campbells chunky soups
2 boxes quaker chewy granola bars
2 cans organic tomato sauce
4 del monte tomato cans
4 - 2 Liter Coke Sodas
2 bags doritos
Tide 2x downy detergent
for $36 - yes that is right for 36 DOLLARS!
I had a savings of $73.96
$13.70 in vendor coupons
$16.00 in store coupons and
$44.26 in advertised special savings!

Now you see why I have joined the coupon world!

Anyhow on with the catch up for the rest of our life the past few weeks.

No comments: