Saturday, October 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home - OUR home

Yesterday was the big day, moving day. I took a personal day from work so we can move into our house. My mom drove up and she helped unpack. Thank goodness Omar was able to recruit our friend Victor to come help move. He was a lifesaver. I must say that I am still sore and my feet hurt, and I didn't even do much.



The truck Omar rented was HUGE as you can tell. I didn't take a picture with it full, but lets just say that there was still open space with how big it was. Besides organizing and unpacking my books, we are all moved in except for our clothes. Our clothes are still at the apartment. We have to go and get them soon, I only have clothes to last me until Monday. Our house is perfect for us. We are going to go slow with furnishing it the way we want to. So for any visitors, you are welcome to come, but there will not be many places to sleep. We have 3 empty bedrooms, 1 queen size air matress, 1 twin size air matress, 1 cot, 2 sleeping bags and a tent.





My hubby was hard at work even prior to the move. He installed our 7.1 surround sound system. Who even needs that?! Oh, wait we do. Also he installed intercoms in every room and bathroom as well as an intercom/doorbell at the front door. He painted our bedroom and bathroom so we could move in (these will be the only painted rooms until we figure out what we really want to do decorating wise). What a great man I married. Right now, he is working on putting together his new grill that we just bought. Life is now complete.
mounting the TV and setting up the subwoofer.


This is tonight's 2 hour project. Putting together the WHOLE grill. That would be a week long project for me if I was put in charge

2 comments:

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Don't you guys know the grill goes OUTside?
JK-your house is great, I'm so happy for you! I also think it's a good idea to wait til you know what you wanna do before filling it all up. Yay! I'll come see it someday.

sachiko said...

Your house looks AMAZING! I have the buyer bug.