Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Honor Rows Game

This is the cheerleader Omar liked

The weather was so crazy - freezing and then sweltering hot.
I made Omar be heathen with me and go to the Jacksonville Jaguars football game on Sunday October 18th against the Rams. I was required to attend for work because I weazled my way out of it last year. As most all of you know, I really dislike football. With Big Brothers Big Sisters we have a program that the matches can participate in called Honor Rows. If the kids fill out a packet with goals and service projects completed they can attend a Jaguars football game for free with their Big. I must say that the way it is all completed is quite torturous. I do however think it is great that the kids can attend a professional football game for free as many of them have never had such an opportunity before.We ride a bus together, and then line up like in school again to enter the arena. We have special seating that we are required to sit in. It is really difficult to get out and we have to sign in and out of our section if we want to even go to the bathroom. I really did not watch much of the game, but just spent most of the time talking to people. It was a good thing that I brought Omar along with me. In order for a child to go to the bathroom they had to be accompanied by an adult chaperone of the same sex (even if they are your own kids!). Omar had bathroom duty for several chidren. The cheerleaders came up and the kids were able to get autographs. Omar of course got his shirt autographed. He is just like the kids. The only good thing is that it was the first I have actually seen the Jags win!!!

No comments: