Saturday, September 10, 2011

Larry King

In August I listened to Larry King's "My Remarkable Journey" Biography and Memoirs. If I were to have the option to read or listen to this book I would for sure choose listen. It was cool because Larry read it. When it would come to parts that other people close to him would be sharing their memories, they would speak. The way it was completed made me feel like they were sharing it for the first time, because it included laughs, and other pauses that was not just like reading a book.

I found this book very interesting. Larry King is not a young guy, and I knew he had a show called Larry King Live, but I have maybe watched 2 episodes of it before. Hearing how he grew up, what makes him tick, how he got to where he is was just amazing. I truly felt like there will not be another person like Larry King again. But then again, it made me feel like the way he sees people - he doesn't see them as famous or regular people - he sees people as all being amazing and that we can learn something from everybody. I truly felt that I would be interested to listen to some of his previous shows.

I was so shocked at how sexual he is. I mean really 8 wives? Not even the wives, so much was about women and how many he loved and made love with. I guess we are talking the 60's, but wow - he really is not an attractive guy - plus he smoked for so long. Gross. The thing that I still don't quite understand is what his current wife sees in him. Mainly I wonder because she is Mormon or LDS just like me and he is of no religion and does not believe in God. It honestly shocks me. I don't know how religious she is specifically, but still that would be so difficult - plus they are like 30 years in age difference. People think it is because of money - but she was a multi-millionaire on her own prior to the marriage.

I was surprised at how much history he shared, just his thoughts about the various presidents as he has known all of them. I by far not a history buff, and actually consider myself quite clueless in this arena, but it was very interesting. This was a quick 8-9 hours of my life in the car and I recommend it.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Sounds cool, i think I'll listen to it!