Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cow Lick: Daytona Beach

I have no idea how I skipped over our adventure of going to Cow Lick in Daytona for ice cream. We went after BJ's for a sweet treat. Cow Lick boasts homemade ice cream. It is a pretty cool little shop with a lot of old school video games and pinball machines. Omar of course went straight to those like a little kid. I wish I would have gotten some pictures.

My dad, mom and I began looking at the ice cream. There was one ice cream holder with about 8 flavors and I asked if that was all they had. The 2 boys that were attending looked at me like I was retarded and pointed to the far corner hidden was another set of 8 flavors. I couldn't decide what I wanted so I asked if I could have a sample. I sampled 1 and then asked for another kind of shyly, but not seriously (I mean why wouldn't they give me a second sample?). I thought he was joking but he said okay like it was horrible to have more than one sample. The samples were the smallest I have ever had at an ice cream shop before.

There was one more flavor that I just wanted to try to make my decision and I asked for one more. He then said, 2 is the limit PER GROUP! He then said that I had eaten all the samples for all of us. I was like are you kidding me? Per group? I was like well we are not in the same group pointing to my parents. I mean there were 4 of us and we were going to buy our own stuff anyhow - how could they only give us 2 samples between the 4 of us? That wouldn't even allow all 4 of us to have 1 sample! I gave him a hard time and he gave me one more sample. My parents both got a sample and then Omar got a sample. When Omar got the sample and shared his little lick with me the guy got very apparently upset that he had shared it with me. I couldn't believe it.

Obviously we are all adults and are paying customers and there was nothing posted about this 2 sample max per group rule. The whole time we just laughed in the store about the 2 sample per group. The ice cream was good and the price was also cheaper than most ice cream shops. Maybe that was why they have that rule. There was a tiny chalkboard on top of the toppings bar I thought about going up there and writing on it - Only 2 samples per group!

Daytona was a laugh the whole time. It was just a place that there really is nothing to do - you go to TripAdvisor and there was like 4 items listed....so sad. I guess that is what I get for not pre-researching this little excursion. I can now check Daytona Beach off my bucket list, if it was ever on it in the first place.

1 comment:

Spilsburys said...

Hahaha... That's hilarious ! Ive never heard of such a thing.