Sunday, April 15, 2012

Corporate 5k 2012

Each year there are over 1500 employees of different companies from around Jacksonville that come together at Metropolitan Park in Downtown Jacksonville. Tents were set up everywhere with each of the  companies and it is set up to be the largest networking party in Jax. The funny thing is that people really didn't talk to others outside their company. I thought it would be a good chance for me to even get to know some other people from Corporate. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, but I still enjoyed it. A live band performed throughout and after the run there was water, free beer, and pizza. Obviously, beer had no appeal to me.

I left work at 5pm and didn't get there and parked until 5:50pm. It is crazy downtown after work driving. It probably didn't help that I am not familiar with downtown. The run itself was throughout downtown Jacksonville. I was very happy with my time, it was my best so far 39:38 with basically 12:45/mile.
I took this picture of myself


No comments: