Monday, July 26, 2010

July 20th the Big 2-7

So all I wanted was for Omar to plan something for my birthday. He didn't, despite my begging. typically for me, if I don't plan it, nothing ever happens. So I ended up planning my own birthday last minute because no plans were made.

Although, my friends Erica and Candice were so nice to invite us over for a delicious meal and company this past Sunday evening to celebrate my birthday. We had a wonderful time together as usual.

I bought a groupon to go kayaking and so I dragged Omar along with me. We went kayaking through the marshes at Amelia Island. He steered the kayak which was quite the frustrating adventure. It ended up for the first 10 minute of the 1.5 paddle of our kayak nose ending up in the oyster mud. Once we got the hang of it we went all the way out to the ocean. We stopped on a big beach sandbar in the middle of the ocean for lunch. Thank goodness we brought a sub with us to eat. We got attacked by this bee that I honestly have no idea how or why it would come out to that sandbar with nothing there.





When we left the sandbar the tide was low and we were paddling and suddenly I heard Omar jumping up in the kayak yelling, "Shrimp, Shrimp, they're attacking me!" I had no idea what he was taking about, but sure wanted him to not tip our kayak. I turn around to see these shrimp flopping around in the kayak. We had seen little things jumping in the water ahead of us and thought they were little minnow fish or something. We kept paddling and as I did more jumped in on him. I realized that the water was getting more and more shallow! It looked like a few yards away that there was no more water. I told Omar that we must have gone the wrong way and we should turn around. I was grabbing all the shrimp as he didn't like them and throwing them out of the boat. We learned that every time I paddled the shrimp would jump in on him. There were so many that they were flying into his swimsuit even. It was CRAZY! So he paddled us back and were able to try to get away from the shrimp.

Can you see all the little shrimp bodies in the bottom of the boat?

Check out our video below.



After kayaking were tired and it I was of course sunburnt even after reapplying while on our trip. We then drove home to wash up and take a short nap. After the nap we went and had pedicures. Omar will probably kill me for writing this but, it was my birthday and so he went with me to get a pedicure. If anything my birthday present was the fact that I didn't have him bug me for a while to clip his toenails (which I just think is weird and disgusting that he asks me that in general).

Following the pedicures we went and ate at Aqua Grill. SO delicious! I would totally go there again.

When we came home, Kelly made me a birthday cake and they sang to me and I blew out the candles.


It was a good day after all, even though I planned it.

No comments: