Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Vintage Day Out








So my good friend since forever, Erin Pratt, came and visited Jacksonville. She was our second visitor in general, and Omar and I's first visitor in over a year since moving to our current apartment. I was not able to spend a lot of time with her because of work obligations, but she found plenty to keep herself busy in wonderful Jacksonville. We did get to spend an afternoon together and decided to just be adventurous! We took the Skyway (which was an adventure all its own trying to learn how to even access the thing) which runs to different parts of downtown Jacksonville and is only 50 cents to ride - what a steal!!! So we rode all over Jacksonville and then walked around the Landing. We tried to take a Trolley over to the riverside area but realized after waiting about 25 minutes (The trolleys come every 10 minutes) that they had stopped operating for the day. So we drove to Riverside and 5 Points. We ate at an Italian restaraunt that was really good, lots of food, and super cheap (ex. HUGE lasagna for $4). Then we looked at all the neat stores. We had the most fun in the Vintage clothing store.
Both Erin and I are NOT vintage people, but the store manager was such a sport and so good at picking out outfits. Erin had the perfect vintage body. Mine...not so much (pictured are the different outfits I tried on). If I was able to get something over my chest, it then would not fit over my booty. It was hilarious and just a lot of fun. They did happen to find me a mumu looking outfit (as you can see in teal). No thanks...which is why I didn't buy it. Time to hit up the gym again. We had a blast!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOVE the posts that you have up! Such a fun time... so cute!