Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Official - We Are Homeowners!!!

Omar & I with Paula, our real estate agent
Check out our keys!
The person representing Seda Construction Company giving us our keys for the first time

Finally the day arrived...yesterday! It was one wild ride. We were supposed to close last Friday at 3pm, but it did not happen because there was something wrong with the appraisal. The appraiser made a mistake. It seems like mistakes were made all along the way ... whoever told me that home buying was a smooth process for them, man were they lucky or just plain wrong. It took us forever to get to closing. But it happened...and I guess that is all that matters.

Our closing was 10 AM yesterday and it took a little over an hour for the paperwork. Then they held us hostage until the bank our loan was with sent their side of the money over. It was about a 30 minute wait. What an adventure.

The funny thing is...we still haven't gone by our new home yet. I am not sure when we will move in, but we have to be out of our apartment a month from today! Life is good...we are blessed that we were able to get a great home.

4 comments:

Spilsburys said...

So fun ! I am happy for you guys I hope we get the chance to come and help you guys move in and paint, I just don't know if we can really afford it right now maybe in January...I don't know its all up to Eddie , he is the money maker so what he says goes !!!!

Spilsburys said...

How exciting for you guys !
We are happy for you , now the next step is to have kids (lol) ! I hope we can come and visit you guys and help you move in and paint ! I don't know that it is going to happen in November maybe January .Well its up to Eddie he is the money maker of the house so what he says goes !!!

Bert and Benton said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

MikeDanley said...

Hey Kate,

So I read that your not going to move in for quite some time. Well... I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind a freeloader in your new casa until you arrive. Wouldn't that be scary to come in and see me naked playing in the backyard pond.
Anyway I'm driving threw in a few weeks and was wondering, maybe we could do dinner or something if your not too far off the beaten path.

Mike