Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vacation Finally: New York !!!

We walked a long way near where the subway train was. This is right next to the church.
Omar in front of one of the churches he served at during his mission.

So we were on vacation Thursday to this past Wednesday. It was a much needed break I think for both of us. Our flight left late on Thursday and we got in 3 hours later than expected. Thankfully we did not make any plans for our trip and decided to just take it day by day. Some of you might of read that and thought - "What? Kate?!? Going with the flow...impossible!!!" I guess that is what I get for being married to Omar. Plus I was kind of at his mercy of how to get around New York since he is much more familiar. We decided it would be best to stay nearby the hotel.

Thursday night we had a taxi take us to Richmond Hill where Omar showed me his first area of his mission, including the church. We then ate at this Spanish restaraunt. So yummy! I had these amazing tacos and Omar had roasted chicken, rice, and what he thought was going to be papas (potatoes) but was french fries. It was so funny because everywhere we went, every meal seemed to serve french fries instead of papas. We then did the long walk home - it took us about 2 hours to walk back to the hotel. I was exhausted and in pain (gotta love flat feet).

No comments: