Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Monday - NY Labor Day BBQ

Monday Omar woke up early to help the Osorios clean their outside porch for all the food and people that would be coming over. Tito taught me how to play Dominos. I never knew Spanish people played Dominos, I learned that it is a HUGE game for Dominicans (the Osorios are Dominicans) and it becomes quite brutal. Omar went to go buy more meat than I have ever seen before for the bbq. I guess everytime Omar goes to NY he bbqs tons of meat for them. They had large portions of steak, malinesa, fish, lamb, corn, eggplant, and chicken. It was ridiculous. There was also mashed potatoes, pico di gallo, tortillas, cheesecake, Dominican Cake, and other Dominican sweets. It was so much food. Later that night we went to this place I think was called Rock City where we went bowling.
These ribs were actually cooked on Tuesday - but you get the idea

No comments: