Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Failed Cooking Weekend

So If you were to ask my college room mates or even my friends growing up, they could probably tell you that I am a pretty decent cook. Not so much anymore. Let me tell you that this whole marriage thing has ruined my cooking skills. This weekend was a little crazy and maybe we overbooked ourselves a little bit, I am not quite sure. Well I had food disasters, or more so food planning disasters.

Friday I had nothing to do with food, we had a progressive dinner at church and it was wonderful so I just went about eating food, which I must say I did very well and only had salad a little bit of turkey and green beans. I totally skipped any breads, appetizers, mashed potatoes, and all the desserts.

Saturday we went to a bbq/birthday party for my friend Candice's daughter Callie's birthday for lunch. Food was good and I did well by only eating a hot dog with no bun and some fruit.

Well we were having a bbq at our house later that day with my friends Erica and Rachel. Disaster! I was terrible in all of my timing and just sort of ran out of time. My potatoes took way to long to cook, the bread I was supposed to start the night before and didn't so I had to run to the store to buy some. Omar did the chicken and he is usually grill master (for real), well the chicken was good, but a few of them had little specks that did not get cooked for some odd reason. (I still think it was the chicken itself - and we are all alive still so who knows). My fruit salad was blah. Erica and Rachel brought delicious things though. We both went to bed that night a little sad at how poorly we performed. I am just losing my touch!

Sunday I had to work at our Holiday Party for the matches in BBBS during lunch, I never made time to eat anything at the event, which was fine. Then we were to go to a bbq with some church friends Lizzy and Rebecca (more like dinner with some items grilled). Well we had tithing settlement beforehand and the Bishop was running about 50 minutes behind so my beans did not get cooked in time and I had to take my beans and cook them at the hosts house! Augh. Maybe we just need a break from the runaround.

A picture of Lizzy and Rebecca trying on sunglasses that we brought for them.

Omar making hamburger patties for the bbq at Lizzy's house

1 comment:

Spilsburys said...

It just sounds like you had to much going on ..... not that your Bad cooks!!!