Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Family Together After 4 Years!!!

So I need to charge my camera battery for the only picture that my camera had life to take - our group that came for Thanksgiving. I believe there were 20 people there with us for Thanksgiving. It was a true miracle. My dad got moved to Kissimmee and was given the opportunity to come home for Thanksgiving. This was his first time home in 4 years and the first time our family has been together for Thanksgiving since 2005, right before I went on my mission. My mom's letter to the family sort of explains it...
"Craig was moved on Tuesday to Kissimmee but was told yesterday that he would
not be eligible for a furlough until he got a job. Although glad that he is
so close, I felt impressed that he was meant to be home with us this
Thanksgiving. This morning I began calling the Work Release Center to speak
to the classification officer. I finally reached him around 1 PM and
explained to him that Craig had been eligible for furloughs at the St. Pete
Work Release Center where he had been and asked him if I could pick him up
tomorrow for Thanksgiving. The officer seemed surprised and said he would
have to look at his file and for me to call back at 4 PM. When I called
back he told me that Craig could go on a furlough tomorrow! Oh Happy Day!
So, I will be picking him up tomorrow morning and bringing him home for the
day to be with us. Our family will finally be together again. Thank you
all for your prayers. I know that they were heard.
Love,
Laura"


I must say that I was not only praying for him, but I did put his name on the payer roll at the Temple when I went the other week. I know that the Lord answers prayers.

Thanksgiving was delicious as usual with our normal trimming of turkey, cranberry sauce, rolls, sweet and mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, rolls, zucchini and banana bread, creamed onions and creamed squash, homemade ice cream and apple pie. One of the only traditions we did not do this year was to go and see a movie together in the theaters.

We were blessed to have Diana & Marshall, Mary, Meg, and Ben, Nancy, Micah (& he brought a friend), Jaime and Steven, Aaron, Nicole, Levi and Croix joined us at our house.

Later that evening we went and visited Dianna and Turner and everyone at their house. They had a fire in the fire pit outside. It was one of the first evenings to have cooler weather here in Florida. It was nice to visit with them.

1 comment:

Spilsburys said...

No I did not make that turkey salad..I brought rolls and jello salad and a peanut butter pie...My sister Ashlee made that salad and I thought it was so cute that I had to take a picture of it . How great that you had your dad with you for thanksgiving !!! I bet his eyes were full of joyful tears that night....