Wednesday, March 26, 2008

America's Next Top Chef

salmon on a bed of fancy lettuce draped with almond slivers. Broccoli Spears on brown rice (Omar's favorite - just kidding)
strawberry shortcake with whipped topping (I didn't make the short cake - I stole it from my family easter dinner)
our Romantic Dinner for 2

Omar and I have been watching America's Next Top Chef. It is actually a good show and it makes one feel very inadequate in the kitchen (the fact that they can figure out what to make with a few items, their own knowledge, and an hour of cooking - incredible). This is just one of the many meals I have made since getting married. Omar had no idea that really I was able to cook before we were married - seeing as I had never made him anything - except once (see below)

the first food I ever made for him was a concoction I created
it may have looked toxic, but it was really quite good



















He told me after we were married that he looked forward to coming home from work to see what delicious meal I had made. He told me that he really had won the lottery by marrying me (what a sweetie). Maybe I could go on America's Next Top Chef - and win!

4 comments:

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Kate!
I remember how amazing a cook you were when I lived with you! Remember when we took turns cooking dinners? YOu could make this wonderful meal out of anything....that's definite talent! :) Congratulations to you and Omar! You guys seem so happy!

Michelle said...

Wow! That food looks so good & fancy! When I make a "romantic" meal it usually ends up being pasta or something...I'm lame :)

Anonymous said...

Kate!
That reminds me of the time you told me you'd rather die than eat the concoction I made for dinner! Oh good times. Congrats on the wedding! Married life is great!

Caleb, Shannyn, and Clark Weiler said...

Wow! I remember when I used to make nice and romantic dinners for Caleb. You are being such a good little wife. I am lovin it. Keep it coming. Love Caleb/Shan/and Clark