Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mr. Butterball

So of all the gifts that we got, I think that Omar was the most excited about this one. For those who don't know Omar, he is obsessed with meat! When we were dating I think everything that he ate was a steak - we could have gone somewhere to eat and somehow they would have a steak on the menu. Well we got a food slicer - we went out and bought cooked, unsliced ham and turkey (he wanted to go all out and get a few other kinds of meat) and took it home. He took a break from work and came home and sliced those suckers up. There I was packing away more and more meat to freeze. We will be slicing all our own meat now - no more Publix deli or Oscar Meyer for us! We are our own Subway. It is a good money saver - plus who knows it might excite me into becoming a bread baker!
So be sure to bring us a cooked ham or butterball when you drop by to visit.


Here is that mean slicing machine - that is what I call meat!

I meant Omar

cute but crazy

No comments: