Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Haunted Hubcap


While we were engaged I drove Omar's car - the Camry. One day I spent the night at my aunts house and she lives in an area where there has been a lot of construction. I woke up in the morning to go to work to find that the rear passenger side tire was completely flat. I called Omar, and he came and put a spare on. Later he went and found a new tire - which due to his car type cost an arm and a leg (over $200 for ONE). He went to have it put back on the car and aligned and realized days later that he left the hubcap at the store. The store no longer had it. So we drove around without a hubcap for about 2 months. He kept telling me to go and buy a pack of cheap ones from PepBoys for $30 (Since to get one that had the Toyota logo and matched all the others was $80 for one!) - to get the same ones. Well I finally did. The day of our wedding he went to put them on while I was at the hairdresser and they were the wrong ones. He returned them, got the right ones and put them on. So today we went to my sisters car wash for water polo. Later that day I thought it looked like that SAME hubcap was coming off so I tapped it. We were driving down the road and Omar saw the hubcap roll behind the car and kept going toward the median. We chased that hubcap down and rescued it - I wonder what adventure will be next with that dumb hubcap.

No comments: