Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Moon Opening Night


Last weekend was a little hectic. I had a work event Thursday night and then had to go home and prepare for the opening of New Moon that was to come out that night. Omar had never seen the first movie, Twilight, so I forced him to watch it earlier that day so he knew what it was all about. He really had no interest in either movie, but that is one of the benefits of being married - you do things you don't always want to because you love someone.

I got the tickets for us and this one other couple that we know from church, Brandon & Brianna. Brianna is SO pregnant - due in a few weeks. We got to the theater at about 10 PM for the midnight showing. I was wondering how Brianna was going to do with standing up that long. Well the General Manager of the theater came up to her and asked if she would like to sit down. She just kind of looked at him. Then he asked how many people are in our party. She told him that there are 4 of us. HE then looked at us all and asked how e would like to go and see the last 5 minutes of the movie 2012 because that theater the showing of New Moon would be next and we could then choose whatever seats we wanted.

Boy did we score! I love pregnant people benefits!!! We did indeed have the best seats in the house - they were the ones where you can put your feet on the bar. I don't really care to see 2012 in the theater anymore, but it was so nice to not have to stand in line. I must say that New Moon was way better than Twilight and that Edward was super nasty looking in this movie. His paleness and lack of meat on his body, is not very attractive. I guess I just love my guy who has color and meat. Surprisingly enough Omar actually liked the movie and did not fall asleep.

No comments: