Sunday, November 1, 2009

Otra Vez! the calling that keeps calling

So we were called this morning by the 1st counselor in our ward to go and speak with him before church started. Of course that meant church callings. We were shocked it came so quickly. We have only been in the ward for about 3 weeks and 1 of them we were at the Jags game. They told us when thy met us that it would take them a while to find places for us to serve in the church...little did we know that the 3 weeks is a "while." Man we should have hid longer.

They called Omar mid-week last week and he went and helped the youth at the Temple for their youth temple trip. I guess that just set it in stone. Omar was called to serve as the Priest's Advisor. I was called as the YW camp director. I cried. I was hoping to stay away from YW for a little while, I guess that the Lord has other things in mind. It is just ironic because that was what I was first called to in the Spanish Branch. They promised us it would not be really high stress callings because they have lots of people serving and are well established. I hope so. I don't think that I will be able to go to camp with the girls though, because it appears to be the same time as our Family Reunion next year. I went to YW's class today and the girls seem really nice.

Omar was sad because he really wanted to be in Primary - this is afterall his 4th Young Men's calling in 4 different wards. I guess we are meant to be with the youth. It was quite funny because we were in Sunday School today and they asked if anyone could go and help someone with subbing in the 5 year olds for Primary. Omar rose his hand faster to volunteer for that, that I would have thought he was volunteering to eat something. After church he told me that he changed his mind about wanting to serve in Primary. Hilarious!

1 comment:

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

Kate-I would just die to be in Young Women's, but ever since I left the single's ward, I've had one primary calling after another!! I can't get out! Augh!