Sunday, November 29, 2009

Where did November Go? Work, Baby Shower, and Southern T-giving

So this past month has been very busy as we have been approaching the holidays. We have been bbq-ing up a storm at our house. Omar has really been taking advantage of our grill and so we eat bbq almost every night. So yummy! We have had a few couples from church over to eat with us a few times too.

2 weeks ago we went over to Orlando so that Omar could put up a new flat screen TV and surround sound system for my mom. My mom wanted to get everything completed for Thanksgiving Day. So we spent Friday night at the Temple and Saturday Omar got called to work in Orlando so I stayed at my mom's house and did literally nothing all day. Very boring. He finally got home early evening and I then helped him do all the stuff for my mom. The next day we went and visited my dad over in Tampa. Little did we know that it would be his last time in Tampa.

Last weekend was pretty busy. My friend Casey had her baby shower. It was a nice time. I ended up taking the pictures for her with her camera and so did not get any pictures really for myself. The next day, Saturday, there was a cookie decorating activity for the kids at work. I baked over 200 cookies for it. It took me over 6 hours to do. I left the party to go to our Southern Thanksgiving/Omar's birthday celebration with our friends, Casey & Victor. Omar's birthday was in September but he wanted to have a southern boil again and it took us this long to schedule it. It actually turned into Casey & Vic's Thanksgiving with their family in McClenney. I had never been to McClenney before. Boy is it a drive. I twas delicious as usual and you can refer to pictures from our last boil that we had. I again failed to take pictures.

No comments: