Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Lawnmower

So Omar has been begging for a lawn mower. He complains that he spends 4 hours a week mowing the lawn because his mower is so messed up that he has to go down each line at least 5 times for it to cut. Well I don't know how true that is because usually I am never home when he mows the lawn. All I can say is that our lawn is the 2nd most beautiful in the neighborhood. So green and thick!

When we bought the house Omar bought a lawn mower from the pawn shop for like $50. Then the next thing I knew he bought some families lawn mower in our ward when they moved out of the country for another $50. So we had 2 lawn mowers. The first one stopped working and then the 2nd mower's wheel had broken so he bought new wheels. We just couldn't win I guess.

Every day he would complain about the lawn mower, even when it wasn't time to mow the lawn. He is very anal about the lawn being taken care of (which is fine by me). He would go and look at lawn mowers at Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, online, etc.

Once he has his mind set on buying something I'm in trouble. Right now he has his mind set on the following items:

*Big Screen TV (We have a 42" right now which is bigger than I ever had in my life...it is only 2 years old!)
*New Android phone (his is cracked from abuse and he has to have the latest model)
*New Fancy Shower Head for our bathroom
*Crown Moulding for the house
*100 gallon fish tank
*Dog (he has been asking for that prior to marriage - this is a big NO NO)
*Truck (this is a huge wish of his)

Can we say that I have the most expensive husband? Yes....

Well he bought his lawn mower. I say that is a perfect birthday gift for him, as the other mower still works, although the new wheels are about to break he says. He searched around found a good sale. I basically didn't have much say into it...ah well.


Right when he brought it home he mowed the lawn to test it out. He is so funny.

No comments: