Sunday, October 31, 2010

This is the Place!

Grace and Omar's littles brother Aaron. It was so hard to get him to be in a picture


Omar's mom, Grace, picked me up from the reception and I spent the night there. The next day was supposed to be whatever Grace wanted to do. She is always thinking of others, and I wanted to do something for her. This was my first time every spending time with my in-laws without Omar around.

We went and got luch at In-and-Out as it is right near their house. I had it once before in California when I went there for a trip in college. However, I was not really impressed. Everyone talks about it like it is the best place on earth so I thought I should try it again, but do it the way that the regulars do..."animal style!"

I ordered some frieds too. I must say they were quite disgusting. They are supposedly freshly cut daily, but man there was literally no potato inside that fried, dehydrated tasting casket. Grace and my brother-in-law, Aaron's response was "yeah we knew they were gross, but didn't want to tell you."

Of course, Grace only wanted to do what I wanted to do, but she gave the idea of going to "This is the Place". I had never been there, so I thought. I mean I hiked one time in college the location where Brigham Young said, "This is the Place!" as he looked across the SLC valley after pioneering for like 2,000 miles, but I didn't realize it was really the same location. It looked way different from what I remembered. They have all these statues and monuments there and even a whole little city that you can visit.




We went sort of later in the day so there was one train ride left that we could purchase around the city, but all the building were closed. I figured it would only be worth it when the buildings were open. It was really neat visiting the museum there regarding the Mormon Battalion too.

No comments: