Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sarah's Wedding


One of my bestest friends Sarah Squires got married last week to a Blackwell. I was so happy that I could make it out to the wedding. We had 2 nights prior to the big leap to spend together just as girls. I must admit that I thought I was almost losing my friend once it all was over. I'm sure that is not so, it is just different as I met her husband for the first time, and usually I knew a lot of the guys she had dated in the past.

The day before the wedding we went and ran errands for the big day, and I helped her pick out her outfit for the family dinner that evening. We even had a chance to eat some lunch at this delicious place called Dodo's. We shared a salad and appetizer.
The Bride had much to talk about on the phone to get things in order

These Roasted Tomato Polenta Cakes were to die for!
The family dinner was lovely and I rode with the bride and groom. We got lost following a GPS that took us to this construction site with a drop off of over 100 feet...that was quite the adventure, but I was with the right people, they couldn't start without the guests of honor!

I don't think I slept much the night before the big day as Sarah was nervous...let's just say I didn't sleep much at all the whole week with my flight and everything. She made it though. The morning of the big day, I went with her to do all of her stuff, make-up and hair. How fun!
Something borrowed, was my veil. I am so glad that someone could get a use out of it!

Her cousin did her hair. It looked so romantic!

One of the girl's from her single's ward did her make-up

The final spray to make it all stay

Isn't she gorgeous?!
I went with Sarah's family who I know pretty well to the temple. Scary enough, both Sarah's dad and sister forgot their recommends. Thank goodness the Temple was able to call the Bishop to confirm that their recommends were up to date.

She was married in the Salt Lake City Temple which was really neat to see a sealing in a temple other than Orlando, as well as to see the sealing rooms in SLC.

Pictures were taken and we even had time to go and get lunch at Cafe Rio (oh how delicious) before heading back to the house to get things prepped for the reception. I went with Sarah's mom to the reception location, this beautiful barn/garden place. It was absolutely gorgeous. I was so happy that they put me to work. I helped decorate, was in charge of making sure the food, drinks, etc. stayed full. Sarah and Dave (the groom) looked like they had a great time.
So in love!

Coming out of the temple!

Katherine from BYU also flew out for the event!

leaving the house for the temple!

A final bite to eat before the big "I do"

When they left for their honeymoon to Vail, Colorado, I went and stayed with my in-laws.

No comments: