Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nikki Time

I left Jacksonville at 5 AM for Utah getting me there by 10 AM. Nikki North picked me up and I was so happy that we were going to be able to spend a whole day together before she dropped me off at the bride-to-be's house. I spent a brief period with her 2 cuties and her husband joined us for lunch at a thai restaraunt. He then took over as parent while Nikki and I went and had girl time!

First up was pedicures, a belated birthday present for Nikki as she is always so thoughtful for all the holidays in sending me gifts and I never send her anything.

Then it was browsing and of course we found some super cheap clothes on sale that we couldn't pass up entirely.

Then we went off to Temple Square to hunt down Audrey Barritero who I remembered is serving on Temple Square. You would be shocked to know we found her within 10 minutes of searching by just walking around. She and her companion were teaching this young couple from Europe and we joined them as they took them on a tour of the old church house, the tabernacle and then over to the Christus. Super cool to see her working by the Spirit and testifying! It was fun visiting with her a little while and hearing about her mission works. It made me really miss my mission, especially teaching. I felt for a short while what it was like to teach again by listening to them. Audrey totally has the missionary voice though, it is GREAT!
After Temple Square we went and ate at the Red Iguana. Nikki had been wanting to go as she heard great things about it, and I had actually read about it in the newspaper at home the week before as the place to eat while in SLC,  Utah. It was pretty good, best of all they had free refills on horchata!!! I must say Utah must have at least as many Mexican places, if not more than Texas and California. I seriously would see at least one or 2 on every street and corner. Mormons love that Mexican food.


I was sad to see Nikki go, as it was so refreshing having some wonderful conversations. I wish she lived closer to me!

No comments: