Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July 2011

our tent has come in handy quite a few times now

Bri, Bryce, and I

Brandon and Omar

Hard at work bbq-ing

This wasn't even half of all the people that came from our ward
Our ward at church decided to have our 4th of July activity at the Beach. We went to Vilano Beach. It is a beach I had never been to before. Lets just say doubt I will want to go there again. It was the most painfully shelly beach ever! I ended up having to wear my sandles even into the water because my feet were getting shredded. In general it was a beach that had good waves, and had some rocks that made it a pretty looking beach, but not a kid friendly beach by any means. If our ward ever decides to go to that beach again, I think we will not be going. We stayed longer than we thought we would and there was a really good turnout. The ward provided hamburgers and hot dogs and we had plenty of chips and sides.

After the beach we went and saw Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon in Imax 3-D. It was actually a pretty good movie, better than the 2nd one.

Following that we went and got a sub at Firehouse and went to Brandon & Brianna's house. They have a neighbor that usually buys a ton of fireworks and we were hoping he would have done so this year despite the ban. Due the amount of fires we have had this year in our area there was a ban on fireworks. We played Apples to Apples and waited to hear some noise. We went out and there were 2 neighbors doing a few fireworks, but that stopped abruptly as the police came flying down the road to put an end to that. The neighbor got in a verbal argument with the cop, I am surprised he wasn't arrested. Lets just say that was the end of any fireworks. All in all it was a good 4th and I was so grateful to have not been at work that day. Believe it or not Florida Blue was open and there were 4 people that came in and bought insurance on Independence Day (pretty ridiculous I think).

No comments: