Sunday, July 24, 2011

My 28th Birthday

My co-workers wife makes cake pops - they are so delicious!

Melissa and Allison

Meghan is a little baker and just finished throwing up the pizza












I can't believe I am 28 years old! My real birthday was this past Wednesday. I must say it was the saddest birthday ever because it was the height of my illness. I was to work a 10 hour day, but was going to have a good attitude about it by getting a bunch of freebies for my birthday. A lot of places give you free food and ice cream and I thought why not? I had the hardest time waking up that morning and went to work feeling so exhausted that I didn't think I was in my body. I made it through my scheduled appointments and about 2 pm (half way into it) I decided that I had to go home, I felt so horrible. I went and got a free sub and went home and forced myself to eat it. Everything was so painful. I slept for 4 hours woke up for an hour and a half and then went back to sleep for the night. I had plenty of birthday wishes but it was sad to be so sick. I think the illness from Miami was just catching up to me.

So I planned a little birthday get together with some girlfriends that live here in my ward last night (Saturday). I wanted it to be low key and small. We made our own pizzas and I asked everyone to bring their favorite topping. We had artichoke hearts, olives, bacon, onion, pepporoni, chicken, and some other yummies. We made 3 pizzas and had tons of leftovers. We also had watermelon, chips and dip, and of course cake pops and ice cream. I had a really nice time talking and playing Rockband. It was the first time a few of the girls had ever played it. I was so glad I didn't cancel it. Friday I found out that I didn't have mono like the doctor expected, which was a relief. I just didn't want to get anyone else sick. Here is to another year getting older.

No comments: