Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Last Shuttle Launch

Bryce and I waiting for the launch

Carl (Brandon's cousin), Bryce and I waiting for the launch - you can see some of the people who came hoping to catch a glance
I have seen the shuttle launch from the pad before, and of course growing up in Kissimmee I have seen it go off from home numerous times. The last launch was this past Friday. I actually had the day off. The weather has been very overcast and rainy the past week, which is what we need badly here - rain! My friend Brianna told me that she was planning to go to Michler's Beach (the closest beach to our house -15 minute drive) here in Ponte Vedra hoping to see the last launch. I decided to go too. We got there about 30 minutes before the launch was to happen and the clouds were heavy and black. The launch happened although there were a few moments were no one was sure if it would happen. Unfortunantly we were not able to see anything. It was amazing to see how many people were there to try to see it. I heard there were millions of people down at Port Canaveral. Although I didn't see anything, I am glad that I tried and will be able to remember where I was the last time a Shuttle was launched into space.

No comments: