Sunday, July 3, 2011

June's Books

So this past June I read 2 books.

The 3 Signs of a Miserable Job: A Fable for Managers (and their employees)
by Patrick Lencioni
I found this book to be attention grabbing. I found so much truth as to why jobs can be miserable to people. I thought the auther completely portrayed the way to bring meaning, purpose, and satisfaction into a job. It truly does need to be measurable, and people need to feel they are known and cared about.




Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World
by Bill Clinton

It amazes me how much the Clintons have done and the experiences they have had. I think Clinton showed how there are ways for everyone to give. I really enjoyed the chapter on the non-profit Heffer, as my husband is from a third world country and I can totally see the people benefiting from an organization like Heffer. I read this book as there is something about the non-profit world that excites and interests me. I would love to work for one again. 

No comments: